I have been reading a lot since last year about how to attract more readers to your blog or how to advertise for your story, book ect. Social media of course comes up a lot and I have been frolicking around Facebook, Twitter, WANAtribe, Stumbleupon ect.
But what has proven the most effective for my blogs and me is Twitter and the famous #hashtags. I was following the #amwriting hashtag and there was one article posted about #hashtags for writers and I was really surprised how many are there:
Apparently there are 44 an author should know: 44 Essential Hashtags an Author should know
Besides #amwriting there are #amediting, #WordCount, #WritingTip ect. What do they do? If you are looking for interesting tweets about writing, want to get a writing prompt or find something good to read you can key in those hashtags in the search app at twitter and you get all the tweets that are live with these themes. I can not tell you how many interesting articles I have found there, how many writing tips and how many prompts.
Well, if you do not know about them already. Just go to 44 Essential Hashtags an Author should know and try them out!
- Sneak Preview: The Must-Have Guide To Educational Hashtags (edudemic.com)
- Plotting the Frequency of Twitter Hashtag Usage Over Time with R and ggplot2 (r-bloggers.com)
- How to Use Twitter (answers.com)
- Twitter Deciphered..!!! (greenhornmaven.wordpress.com)
- Hashtag basics: Why they work, and why they fail (prdaily.com)