Wow have I set myself a challenge!
I did not know what I got myself into when I decided to do the ABC of poetic forms. Don’t get me wrong I still enjoy doing it and have a list for practically the whole year. But well doing a formal poem is quite a challenge and you have to really work on it. Maybe Stephen Fry is right with his criticism of the free modern verse :-).
I suppose I will learn a lot and will have a lot of to try out this year as well. For now I want to work more on the Balassi Stanza meaning I want to do some more because it has proofen to be quite tricky to make a good one.
What else is going on writing-wise? Nothing much to be honest. Was quite motivated to blog last week this week is a bit more difficult but that’ll go soon I suspect. It seems to be more difficult to blog at the end of the week as I work more and feel usual quite tired. So I will probably pre-write my posts to keep up not with the Kardashians but with my readers ;-).
I have not started on my #NaNoWriMo Novel again ~ seems like it has to rest for a while longer. But I have thought about it last week and got some more ideas which is encouraging.
What I like is my meetings with a friend to take pictures. Had a nice one this Monday which kept my mood up.
Well how is your writing or other creative activities going on? Are you in a down or does the new year (and the survived end of the world for that 😉 ) motivate you no end? Feel free to share with us :-).
- What Comes After NaNoWriMo? (fulltimewritermom.com)
- A little alphabet of poetic forms (phoenixpoetrystories.wordpress.com)
- Ekphrastic Poetry Goes Fishing (2voices1song.com)
- Writing Challenge: the Devil is in the Details (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- How Come Poets Don’t Mess with Twitter More? A Conversation with Greg Bem (slog.thestranger.com)
- How is poetic form going to help me scream about revolution (how-to) (everything2.com)