I can not believe it!
I have really done it!
What an experience!
It was a total up and down. There were days when I could not manage more than 500 words and then others when I worked up to 4000 and yesterday even over 5000. Never thought I could write that much.
This achievement makes me enormously proud as it has taught me an awful lot:
~ writing needs buddies who cheer you on (Thanks Cheryl 🙂 )
~ you can always catch up when you are determined
~ I can finish to a deadline
~ a first draft is a first draft and not a finished novel
~ writing is the hardest work I have ever done but definitely the most satisfying!!!!!
~ I love what I am doing!
It feels already a bit like I am on cold turkey lol but I will survive (lalalalalaaaaa….. 😉 )
What comes next?
This first draft will rest until 2013 and then I will do my trainee editing. I have never edited a novel so I will read up and then just get on with it and learn on the go. Am thinking about self~publishing but I think I might put it on a blog first and then see what reactions will come. Hopefully honest ones that bring me on. I am proud of my baby but I also know that it is a bit kitsch. So maybe you dear readers out there might help me along?????
I will also compress my blog writing. But you will see how that will go ~ surprise surprise 😉
You out there take care! To you #NaNoWriMo winners: congrats! To you still writing: You can do it! To you who struggle to reach the 5000: it’s the taking part that matters!
I will allow myself a well deserved pause with hopefully loads of reading and will be back on Monday! Can’t wait to hear from you guys!
- NaNoWriMo! (ediaryofnicola.wordpress.com)
- Day 17 – NaNoWriMo Update (asilisis.wordpress.com)
- An obligatory NaNoWriMo post (aslongasimsinging.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo 2012: Week Four Wrap (fissionerror.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo for Whinos (jcemery.com)
- #nanoprep (writersfix.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo (retconpoet.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo Update -or- How to Slack Off and Still Hang in There (jcemery.com)