Another day is gone and I have not written a word.
I have no idea how much I am behind but I find that it is more demotivating to think about it. Rather just jump into it and write and quite often the words just flow and you can get on with it.
Today was a brilliant November day: Sunny, cold but not in a nasty way and it is our last day of your holiday. The children went back to their mother so we decided to go for a walk at the beach and have another meal at a lovely new restaurant close by. It was such a beautiful day. And I have to admit that this break has motivated me to go on with #NaNoWriMo this afternoon and evening.
That restaurant we have been uses only local produce. It also sells paintings, neclaces and other art of local artists. I just love the atmosphere in it and I thought this afternoon “This would be a great venue for a #NaNoWriMo write-in!”
I wondered if I could organise an un-official one this week but remembered on my days of have to stay in for some parcels we are expecting (yes Christmas is just around the corner just in case you forgot 😉 ). But I definitely keep that in mind as the write-ins around here are all in Norwich but not everyone has the time or means to get there. Well, I am not sure if the Art-Cafe is easier to reach but it might be worth a try but not this year anyway. And maybe this is just my Shadow-self trying to keep me from writing. It seems to be very creative that one ;-)!
You learn a lot about yourself doing the #NaNoWriMo. I realised today that I am at a point that I always get when I want to write something more than a poem or a blog~post: That bit when I hate the whole lot and think everything is just a big pile of ….. !
Well, of course that is the difficult second week of #NaNoWriMo but it also shows where you struggle with writing in general. So challenging yourself to get through to the 50. 000 words might give you the chance to find a way to get through this in your general writing as well. I like that idea….
….. but it seems I start babbeling instead of getting down to writing my first draft of that novel that…….
…. I better get going now :-)!
- My failed romance with NaNoWriMo (writeaubreywrite.wordpress.com)
- Why do NaNoWriMo? (shawnbird.com)
- NaNoWriMo Day 8 – Asleep at the Post (aelizabethwest.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo ’12 – Extreme Weekend Plan of WORDS (days 10 & 11) (vetanda.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo collective experiment update (themodernmanuscript.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo Day 10 – Lots of Words (aelizabethwest.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo is eating my brain and my time … and it’s only day one (irreverentreview.com)
- NaNoWriMo: It’s a marathon, not a sprint (michaelmcmullen.wordpress.com)
- Why I registered for and then gave up on NaNoWriMo (syllableinthecity.wordpress.com)