It has been and still is a rollercoaster ride.
The first few days I was totally behind due to family festivities. Then I caught up easily. And yesterday I lost it all. The motivation to write that is. According to veterans of #NaNoWriMo it is due to the second week blues. The lovely Cheryl Fassett keeps me company as my writing buddy and it is good to get some private pep talk now and then. Thanks so much Cheryl :-)!
I like the pep talks the “officials” send us. As they come from different areas of expertise as well as different stages of being published they highlight different problems/solutions of #NaNoWriMo and give a good motivation to go on.
So what are my insights in #NaNoWriMo so far?
I have learned that it is good sometimes to have a bit of a break, do something else and then catch up. After all in my present pace I would finish at the 5th of December and that is not too bad I suppose :-).
I have also learned that writing 2K per day is not so difficult if you do not have a day job or family to consider. As I have never worked with word counts I had no idea how much I can write in a certain amount of time. But it can be important to know that in the writing community.
And I have learned that I can use my mobile offline to write, so even when I work again next week, I will be able to get on with my story in my breaks. I had trouble before using the clout to save my drafts as the internet connection at work is appalling.
So what stops me now from getting on? My shadow self that tells me it’s not worth it, I can not do it and I am writing crap!
“Well Shadow Self I do love you! You do not need to attract attention with keeping me from writing. I have decided to go on any way so just get yourself a cookie and keep quiet!” 🙂
And I go and make myself a cup of coffee first……. 😉
- Some NaNoWriMo Surprises (orestn.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo Update: Week One (equalpartsofawhole.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo Scares My Socks Off (daphneshadows.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo opens creative doors (gettingtotheend.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo: 10,000 (michaelmcmullen.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo: Don’t stop… (diedreblake.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo!!!!!!!!!!!! (specializingintheimpossible.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo: Write More, Write Now (lanternhollowpress.com)
- Slacking off: NaNoWriMo Edition (ninaniskanen.com)