I can proudly announce that my wordcount has reached a staggering 4358 since yesteday. Am mighty proud even though I am still about 2300 words behind and will finish on Christmas Day with my actual writing speed.
My goodness me I love the NaNoWriMo statistics page even though I still hope it counts in US time and I have a bit more time than Greenwich Meantime allows :-).
But in earnest:
I am quite proud as I have been writing even though we had the children here and there was Minecraft in my back and Battlefield in front of me with occasional outbreaks of youthful frustration. There was also the good old inner critic who told me many a times how bad my writing is. I shut him up with the goal of #NaNoWriMo: Get 50 000 words written no matter what!
Plotting, story structure, characters……. I had it all planned out with good old Randy Ingermanson and his Snowflake Method and then I started writing and it all went into the pants. Literally. I have no idea who is writing my novel but it is nowhere near what I had plotted out. Not that mine was better and this is worse. I am just not sure if I am really ready to write a heartbreaking love story instead of the fight of an independent woman to free herself from her past ;-).
My only writing buddy wrote something about “50 000 words of poo” this morning and made me laugh. It does not matter really what comes out in the end, does it? As long as we write!
And writing I will. At least for the next few hours……… 🙂
- Oh dear……. #NaNoWriMo (zaraawritingstory.wordpress.com)
- Outskirts Press Sponsors NaNoWriMo 2012 (prweb.com)
- Participating in NaNoWriMo? (ctwesting.com)
- NaNoWriMo! (dreamingofgoddesses.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo (lastchancewriting.wordpress.com)
- Things That Made Me Not Quit NaNoWriMo Before I’d Even Really Started (cheilt.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo: Getting Past the Writer’s Block (wordscomeezine.wordpress.com)
- No NaNoWriMo For Me (thewearywriter.com)
- Beginning NaNoWriMo (cheilt.wordpress.com)
- Writing a Novel Using the Snowflake Method (lasesana.wordpress.com)