I actually did not want to read it as I am always a bit suspicious when books get such big attention in the media. But Randy Ingermanson the creator of the “Snowflake Method” suggested to read it in one of his newsletters and Amazon had a special offer for the Kindl. Well, I could not resist :-).
At first I was really disappointed because the first few chapters seemed to me more telling than action. But Katniss the main character is a strong one really. She is shown as a strong young woman who feeds her family but is also very vulnerable. Her main focus is on keeping her family alive. When her little sister got chosen to take part in the Hungergames ~ a fight of 12 – 18 year olds to the death ~ she takes her place.
And as soon as she enters the games her story telling gets breath-taking. Loads of action but also a romance that isn’t one. Or is it?
- Trampling The Hunger Games Underfoot (therealkenjones.wordpress.com)
- The Hunger Games Ousts Harry Potter As Amazon’s Best Seller (contactmusic.com)
- The Hunger Games and Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins (koalafications.wordpress.com)
- Book Review: ‘Mockingjay’ by Suzanne Collins (pacejmiller.com)
- Time to talk about Books: The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins (thepunktheory.wordpress.com)
- The Katniss in you (acpladult.wordpress.com)
- Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins – review (guardian.co.uk)