Last week I sat with a co-worker and as she has come back to our shop after working somewhere else, I asked her if she wanted to stay or what she has planned. She told me she is writing a historic novel and poetry and we got talking about writing. She told me she is a member of WritersCafe.org but has not spent a lot of time there lately as she is studying at the OpenUniversity as well (I have no idea when that girl is sleeping: 39 H work per week, 39 H studies, writing a novel and extra work in a museum…… how lazy am I really??????!).
As I got curious what she is writing and about that site as well I signed up and got positively surprised. You can publish your own writing in several topics and you actually get feedback pretty fast. I signed up on Tuesday and already have two reviews.
WritersCafe.org offers a forum, courses, contests, your own blog, groups and help to publish your works. It seems to me to be a place where writing is taken serious but without being overly competitive. It is definitely worth a visit.
My profile is here: http://www.writerscafe.org/Phoenixrise
- Write Articles & Get Paid! – Blogging.org (jobs.problogger.net)
- Crime writer caught faking Amazon reviews (bazaardaily.com)
- Finding a Balance: What is Writer’s Anxiety and How Does One Conquer It? (writingnerdy.com)
- A Writer’s Bloq Party (youngandwriterly.wordpress.com)
- Short Story Slump: Writer-Cafe Symbiosis (lanternhollowpress.com)
- Every Writer Needs a Home (laurenmbarrett.com)
- Cafe Poets – Coffee + Poetry = Heaven? (dog-eared.me)